Organic Yacon: a versatile healthy root vegetable
Hello, my name is Frank and we grow organic Yacon for Nature & More in The Netherlands. I would like to share some interesting facts with you about Yacon:
- Yacon is a versatile root vegetable, also known as ‘ground apple’. It's very healthy.
- The taste is fresh, sweet and lies between an apple, pear and watermelon
- Can be eaten raw, with a crunchy bite
- Use Yacon in stir-fry, boil or fry it in thin slices as a tasty snack. Delicious in stews, salads, desserts and cakes. It is also used to make syrup.
- Sweet taste due to oligofructose (fracto-oligosaccharide), which stimulates the beneficial bacteria in our body
- The sweet taste is partly caused by inulin. Because inulin is poorly absorbed by the human body, Yacon may have a beneficial effect against obesity and diabetes
- The plant originates from the Andes and grows there at an altitude of 900-3000m
- 100% vegan ;) !
Simply contact your Eosta Accountmanager for all details, availability and a sample.
Visit my farm: natureandmore.com - (code 345)